15 Best Brain Blogs of 2009
Update your subscriptions and bookmarks with these gems. Each site listed below centers around improving your mental health, smarts or understanding of your brain. We selected these blogs through editor suggestions, uniqueness of posts and breadth of material presented.
In no specific order:
1. The Thinking Meat Project: Explores the puzzles and joys of being a conscious being in our world.
2. The Reality of Anxiety: Aimee, diagnosed with severe anxiety, blogs about tips to eliminate stress from your life.
3. Providentia: Romeo has a doctorate in Psychology and regularly writes on topics like mental health and psychiatry.
4. Neurological Correlates: Takes a look at the biology behind such human behavior like addiction, obesity and narcissism.
5. Laura’s Psychology Blog: Laura is a professor of Psychology and she writes about her life experiences as well as academic topics.
6. Brain Blogger: Amazing source of research and news regarding neuroscience, psychology and health care.
7. Mind Hacks: Intriguing posts about how our brain works and awesome link list posts too.
8. IQs Corner: Dr. Kevin McGrew speaks about intelligence and our cognitive abilities.
9. About Memory: Updates on tips, tricks and news to improving your memory and links to other brain studies.
10. Patient Anonymous: Entertaining yet valuable posts in this one of a kind blog written by an individual diagnosed with several mental disorders.
11. Dr. Shock: Walter is a practicing psychiatrist who treats depression and writes about medical education.
12. Somatosphere: Intersection of lively discussions about science, technology and bioethics.
13. CorePsych Blog: Reports about the mind and psychiatry.
14. Brains: Thoughtful posts about philosophy and the mind.
15. Media Psychology Blog: Dr. Rutledge discusses the psychology behind mass media and communications in the contemporary world.